Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology (BE IT) is a unique blend of Information and Communication Technology. It prepares students to function effectively in this dynamic technological era. The programme focuses on applying cutting edge technologies for the socioeconomic development of the nation. It is perfectly designed to meet the needs of an ever growing Information and Communication Technology industry here or abroad. The degree produces highly qualified ICT professionals in hardware, software, networking, and communication technology for the digital future.
Key Learning Outcomes
• Analyze, Design and Develop software or computer systems and design secure networks & monitor them to handle data and information worldwide
• Enable the automation of organizational tasks through computers & telecommunications equipment to improve efficiency
• Gain specialization in configuration, integration, development, and testing of systems and networks to meet industrial needs
• Resolve system-related issues and troubleshoot communication and networking problems to ensure smooth operation
• Acquire skills and expertise in intelligent information retrieval systems to benefit decision-making bodies in an organization
Excellent job prospects! More and more jobs are being created in an increasingly IT-driven world. Associated career trends show the fastest growing occupations in Nepal and abroad.
Empowers graduates to handle computer and IT related tasks independently throughout their careers. They also have tremendous possibilities and opportunities of starting their own ventures.
IT engineers get suitable jobs such as System analyst, system designer, project manager, business analyst, OS developer, Database Analysts, Information Systems expert, , Digital Media Specialists, Network Specialists, Software Engineers, or Technical Support Representatives.
Careers by area
Information Management – IT Managers in government, the private sector, NGOs and INGOs
Telecommunication – Information & Communication Engineers in telecom companies
Software Engineering – Database administrators, and Software Project Managers in software companies
System Engineering – System Engineers in IT-based organizations
Knowledge Engineering – Information Systems Experts for Big Data repositories and information systems
Networking – Network Engineers for managing secure networked communication
Artificial Intelligence – Developers of computer-based expert systems that mimic human behavior, learning, and reasoning abilities
Research – Research workers in challenging domains like machine intelligence, Data mining, Neural Network, business intelligence, information retrieval, and decision support systems