Bachelor of Engineering in Software Engineering (BE Software) focuses exclusively on the Software Development Process. The programme builds high-level technical skills and professional expertise in students. It provides knowledge of cutting-edge technology and helps them acquire the methods, techniques, and tools of contemporary software engineering to cater fully to the demands of the Software and IT Industry.
Key Learning Outcomes
• Gain specialization in Software Production to analyze, design, program, test, and maintain software systems
• Utilize ultra-modern computer-aided software engineering tools based on an object-oriented software development approach to build robust software
• Get knowledge of recent developments like Big Data Technologies and Cloud Computing to deal with emerging trends in IT
• Develop applications involving multimedia, mobile, network and web-based systems to design effective human-computer interaction
• Acquire skills and expertise in intelligent information retrieval systems to benefit decision-making bodies in an organization
This has great job prospects! Many jobs get created in an increasingly IT-driven world. Career trends show the fastest growing occupations everywhere.
Empowers graduates to handle software and IT related tasks independently throughout their careers. Further, they have great possibilities of starting their own ventures.
Software Engineers get suitable jobs such as Software & Quality Control Engineers, Development Managers, Applications Programmers, Analysts, Consultants, Software Architects, or Software Innovators
Careers by area
Software Development – Software Engineers in software- related companies
Web & Internet Programming – Web Engineers processing interactive web-based applications based on high-end programming technology
Information Management – Information Systems Experts designing and implementing information systems to assist decision-making
Distributed & Cloud Computing – Software Engineers supervising distributed environments and cloud computing
Network & Cyber Security – Security managers to script security programs for secure computing environments
Embedded Systems – Software engineers to program software for controlling hardware in consumer electronic devices or embedded systems